[Mailman-Users] User unknown in virtual mailbox table

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jan 23 18:08:36 CET 2011

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:

>i finally got it working with dovecot lda by  adding
>hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman at the end of virtual_alias_maps like so
>
># postconf virtual_alias_maps
>virtual_alias_maps = proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_virtual_alias_maps.cf,
>proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_virtual_group_maps.cf, proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/
>ldap_sender_login_maps.cf, proxy:ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap_catch_all_maps.cf,
>hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman
>
>generate virtual-mailman.db
>
># cd /etc/mailman
># postmap virtual-mailman
>
>but how do i automate the generation of virtual-mailman.db incase a new
>mailman list were to be created?

If you really need the list entries in both virtual_alias_maps and
transport_maps, you could simply add

/usr/sbin/postmap /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman

to the end of your virtual_to_transport file.

However, it seems to me unlikely that you actually need both since they
both should accomplish the same thing in different ways.