[Mailman-Users] Different Domains on Single Mailman Server

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 12 03:22:52 CEST 2011

KC Wise wrote:

>Inherited a few mailman servers.  I was wanting to know if I can combine
>them into a single server/instance.
>My issue is that they are not subdomains they are completely different
>domain names for example:
>something.org
>lists.somethingelse.com
>lists.different2.com
>
>Just wanted to make sure that something like this will work before I
>proceed.

It will work with standard GNU Mailman in a single instance if all list
names are globally unique. If you have need of lists with the same
name in different domains, there are some unofficial sets of patches
available, or you can run multiple Mailman instances on the one
server, but you can expect some minor grief in getting it to work.