[Mailman-Users] Different Domains on Single Mailman Server

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 12 19:36:12 CEST 2011

Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:

>Could you point me to the documentation on implementing virtual domains where the list names are globally unique?

This involves both Mailman and the MTA. It may or may not involve the
web server depending on whether the web server's Mailman related
directives are global or per domain.

The Mailman side is relatively simple. See the section headed

#####
# Virtual domains
#####

in Defaults.py. Basically you just need an

add_virtualhost('web_host', 'email_host')

line in mm_cfg.py for each virtual host.

For the Postfix MTA see
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html>.