[Mailman-Users] upgrade question

Maria Mckinley maria at shadlen.org
Mon Jul 25 06:53:47 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I have upgraded my mail server by the following steps:

1. make a copy of the old hard drive
2. upgrade the new one (while isolated) while the old one is still running
3. once the new one is working isolate both
4. then rsync data from the old to the new.
5. bring the new one on line.

However, mailman is missing some stuff that happened while I was
upgrading the new machine, so I must be rsyncing the wrong directory. I
thought it should be /var/lib/mailman/, but I think this must not be the
directory that mailman is using anymore. This is on a debian squeeze
machine.

thanks,
maria