[Mailman-Users] Email interface not processing any email

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jun 9 08:13:18 CEST 2011

On 6/8/11 2:41 PM, William Pearson wrote:
> I've installed mailman 2.1.9 via the yum repository on Centos 5
> according to the Redhat documentation. The web interface is working,
> however emails sent to any list are being delivered to but not processed
> by mailman. There are no entries in the mailman logs to indicate
> anything is happening. The postfix log says the messages are being
> delivered to the lists. The mailman service is running and the mailman
> cron jobs are processing.

cron jobs have nothing to do with normal mail delivery in Mailman 2.1.x

Does the postfix log say "status=sent (delivered to command:
/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post LISTNAME)"?

Are the posts in the archive?

What's in Mailman's 'error' log (/var/log/mailman/error in RedHat)?

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9>.

San Francisco Bay Area, California    Better use your sense - B. Dylan