[Mailman-Users] Installed, now stumped

Michael Cooley michael at newsummer.com
Sat Sep 3 23:27:21 CEST 2011

With some slight edits to the configure script, I've successfully
installed mailman on my Hostmonster user account. Not knowing where to go
from there, I went into the cgi-bin dir and ran 'admin' from my shell
account. This error showed up in the log:

admin(19369):   File "/home1/ancestr2/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line
106,
admin(19369):     if not request_method.lower() in ['get', 'post', 'head']:
admin(19369): AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

I commented out the offending lines (for the hell of it) and the script ran.

I think I need to be pointed to a doc that tells me how to implement the
front-end. What public directory do I need and what do I put into it?

Thanks!

Michael