[Mailman-Users] 403 forbidden

Emre Eryilmaz emre.eryilmaz at piesso.com
Wed Sep 21 23:06:25 CEST 2011

Hi,

I cant reach public archive of my mailman lists.It gives 403 Forbidden
error.
Also I have got another problem (may be this can be the source of a previous
problem ).when I give "check_perms" cmmand to check the permissions of the
directory,I get the following output:

""""""""""*******************"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
/var/lib/mailman/mail bad group (has: root, expected list)
/var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin bad group (has: root, expected list)
/var/lib/mailman/logs bad group (has: root, expected list)
/var/lib/mailman/Mailman bad group (has: root, expected list)
/var/lib/mailman/bin bad group (has: root, expected list)
/var/lib/mailman/icons bad group (has: root, expected list)
/var/lib/mailman/templates bad group (has: root, expected list)
/var/lib/mailman/locks bad group (has: root, expected list)
/var/lib/mailman/scripts bad group (has: root, expected list)
/var/lib/mailman/cron bad group (has: root, expected list)

""""""""""*******************"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Then I tried to fix the permissions with "check_perms -f" command and the
output is below :

/var/lib/mailman/mail bad group (has: root, expected list) (fixing)
/var/lib/mailman/cgi-bin bad group (has: root, expected list) (fixing)
/var/lib/mailman/logs bad group (has: root, expected list) (fixing)
/var/lib/mailman/Mailman bad group (has: root, expected list) (fixing)
/var/lib/mailman/bin bad group (has: root, expected list) (fixing)
/var/lib/mailman/icons bad group (has: root, expected list) (fixing)
/var/lib/mailman/templates bad group (has: root, expected list) (fixing)
/var/lib/mailman/locks bad group (has: root, expected list) (fixing)
/var/lib/mailman/scripts bad group (has: root, expected list) (fixing)
/var/lib/mailman/cron bad group (has: root, expected list) (fixing)

although it says "fixing" there is nothing change.Because again when I give
check_perms command ,it gives same output(I mean first output above).

Do you have any suggestion about this situation ?how can I fix these
problems?
Thanks :)