[Mailman-Users] Mailman stop working...help!

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 05:33:37 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 1:31 AM, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

> Fixing this is a question for vPostMaster. It is not a Mailman issue
> per se, and various HowTo documents relating to configuring Mailman
> with Postfix are not going to help as long as you are using
> vPostMaster as your incoming MTA.
>
>  I guessed as much, however on asking the same question on the
vpostermaster list i got the response below (paraphrased)
<snip>

>  As vPostMaster uses
> Postfix for the mail delivery agent, you can do this integration yourself,
> as a stand-alone process.
>
> You'll have to make sure that the domain that is used for the list e-mail
> is not managed by vPostMaster; without the vPostMaster integration, I
> don't know of a way to get Postfix to deliver both to regular accounts
> and lists in the same domain.

I have made sure of this and that is why i use lists.mydomain.net for the
mailing list and mydomain.net for the normal user mails.

> Whatever MTA is listening on port 25 of your Mailman server has to be
> configured to deliver list mail to Mailman. I'd be surprised if anyone
> on this list is using vPostMaster as an MTA, thus it is unlikely you
> can get help here.
>
> Wew... i guess Vpostmaster is probably not a solution i needed then, my
reason for using vposmaster is because i needed a frontend to manage my
normal email users, could you kindly suggest to me an alternative frontend
to vpostmaster hoping that this will not also change the MTA. I have tried
postfixadmin, but any domain/user i create on it does not work besides it
does not have features like spamassasin/clamav frontend management
integrate(a feature with vpostmaster)