[Mailman-Users] {Disarmed} Re: Mailman stop working...help!(Progress?)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 27 16:21:40 CEST 2012

Amit Bhatt wrote:

>I also face such type of issues with my mailing list very often these days.

That isn't the OP's issue. His issue is he made MTA changes that broke
mail delivery to Mailman.

>Then what I do is, I ask my mail service provider to refresh everything on
>the server, they do this and it starts working. But is there any permanent
>solution for this?

Get a more reliable hosting service. ;)

I'm sure there is a solution, but finding it requires an interest in
determining the underlying issue rather than just rebooting whenever
anything goes wrong.

>Can we hope to not have such problems in upcoming version mailman 3.0 in the
>future? When this updated version is finally going to be launched?

Mailman 3 is currently in Beta and progressing towards a final release,
but there is no target date yet.

I don't see that there is evidence that the problems you have are with
Mailman itself, but if your hosting service is willing to work with
us, we are willing to help determine what the problem is.

If for example, one or more of Mailman's qrunners is dying, there is
information in Mailman's 'qrunner' and 'error' logs that would help us
identify the issue.