[Mailman-Users] Mailman Problems under OSX Lion

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Mon Aug 20 16:00:37 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-19 at 22:33 -0500, Brad Knowles wrote:
> Regretfully, the Server team at Apple is well known for ignoring
> feedback and input from anyone else, especially anyone else in the
> company.

My guess is that they don't put their top-flight people on either server
development or server support.  Apple isn't know for servers, it's niche
markets being audio recording, graphics editing and consumer desktop and
laptop systems.  I've also observed, with somewhat limited experience,
that Apple doesn't respond to complaints about bugs.  People bitched and
moaned on Apple's user forum about a recent problem with video-induced
kernel panics in Lion (which I also experienced) and Apple never
responded, but the problem was fixed in a subsequent release.

> but if they're going to make modifications to it, they need to share
> those modifications back with us

Doesn't their failure to do so violate the GPL?

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Real programmers use butterflies"
FMP Computer Services |