[Mailman-Users] Two questions

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Dec 12 18:38:09 CET 2012

John Oliver wrote:

>1) How do I create different "list creator" passwords for multiple
>virtualhosts?  For example, www.domaina.com and www.domainb.com can have
>different lists... I want to have different passwords so someone who can
>admin one cannot admin the other

This would require running a separate Mailman instance for each host.
There is only one list creator password per Mailman instance.

>2) How do I "link" dissimilar domains?  For example, if I have
>domain.com, domain.net, and myawesomedomain.org and all three URLs lead
>to the same site, so the lists for one site should show up under the
>others, be administered the same way, etc.

Set

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off

in mm_cfg.py. See the documentation in the

#####
# Virtual domains
#####

section in Defaults.py. However, this may not be what you want as it
will "link" all domains in that Mailman instance, not just some.

It seems you may want a separate Mailman instance for each set of
related domains.