[Mailman-Users] Change of member address via web fails

Sat Feb 4 21:11:39 CET 2012

On 2/4/12 12:27 PM, Adam McGreggor wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 12:11:24PM -0500, Rob McLear wrote:
>> just amazing how many users won't even bother to click a
>> confirmation link to finalize an address update!
> Spam-trapping may, partially, be to blame.

I think another issue is that if the user replies with an HTML formatted
message, I don't think the processor will necessarily be able to parse
it. With the growth of Web Email clients and just the over all growth of
HTML formatted mail, this is getting more common. The confirmation
message, as I remember, talks of "just hitting reply" as the simplest
way to confirm, with the web link as a backup. I am tempted to rewrite
the message to ask them to click the link first, and save the reply
option as a backup if they can't follow a link.

--
Richard Damon