[Mailman-Users] Issue with ISP limiting email

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Mon Feb 13 19:49:38 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 07:16:31AM -0800, scott ewing wrote:
> My ISP limits email sent from our server to 250 / hr. We have 258 subscribers to
> our list.
> They have recently upgraded the limit to 300 / hr. This means we can send out 1
> email / hr
Is this a one-way list? No? Does your daily email input exceed 27.91? In
which case you have a problem. I would comment that 300/h is low, mine
allows 2000/h

There is a patch available to mailman that
will allow you to throttle the mailman output. See the url

This at least will automate the despatch process for you.

You must be running Mailman as a relay, same as myself, and  I find that
this patch does the job with no fuss although a fix in postfix may be
preferred if that is what you are using.