[Mailman-Users] Issue with ISP limiting email

Anne Wainwright anotheranne at fables.co.za
Mon Feb 13 19:49:38 CET 2012

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 07:16:31AM -0800, scott ewing wrote:
> My ISP limits email sent from our server to 250 / hr. We have 258 subscribers to
> our list.
>
> They have recently upgraded the limit to 300 / hr. This means we can send out 1
> email / hr
Is this a one-way list? No? Does your daily email input exceed 27.91? In
which case you have a problem. I would comment that 300/h is low, mine
allows 2000/h

There is a patch available to mailman that
will allow you to throttle the mailman output. See the url

http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030607

This at least will automate the despatch process for you.

You must be running Mailman as a relay, same as myself, and  I find that
this patch does the job with no fuss although a fix in postfix may be
preferred if that is what you are using.

regards
Anne