[Mailman-Users] slow "out" queue

Anil Jangity anilj at me.com
Thu Feb 23 00:29:00 CET 2012

Mark, thanks for the very detailed info below.
I am still stuck on this.

This sendmail server is setup to relay the mail to smarthost. When I inject a test mail on port 25 with RCPT and FROM to be a made up junk domain, the email is still delivered *immediately* to the smarthost, there is no resolver issues.

If sendmail was really doing DNS lookups, I would think it would be stuck locally or throw a bounce/error right away.
It just seems like it's running serially, and not dequeueing multiple messages to the smarthost at a time.

Anil
PS: Putting a local DNS cacheing server is a possibility, but not yet.