[Mailman-Users] password reminder for moderator?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Jan 12 05:56:48 CET 2012

Gerard Henry writes:

 > i'm sorry if this is a newbie question, but why the moderator is not
 > taken as a member of a list?

-1

Some moderators moderate many lists (in some cases, hundreds, but
dozens are not uncommon), and are members of few.  For those people
who operate that way, "auto-membership" would be a significant
annoyance, and in mass-moderation contexts, it would all come at once.
OTOH, people can only read so many lists, and they will join as they
become interested, thus amortizing the scutwork.

 > in my opinion, this is often the case, isn't ? and if the moderator
 > is also a member of the list, he has to remember two different
 > password, not very friendly

With multiple moderators, that would mean that they can all access
each other's subscriptions.  Also the moderator can change her
personal password.