[Mailman-Users] Problem with password to unsubscribe user from list through mail command

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jan 24 19:34:02 CET 2012

On 1/23/2012 9:46 PM, Степанов Роман Владимирович wrote:

> I have a problem when I send mail command to unsubscribe user from specified mail list with mail command:
>
>  unsubscribe somepass address=some email address
>

> I have got message from mailman that password was wrong.
>
> At the same time I can use GUI with the same password. It is strange fail because command works for some addresses works and for some will return an error.

The password in the email unsubscribe command must be the password of
the user being unsubscribed. The list admin password is not acceptable
in this context.

I don't know why it would work for some addresses and not others unless
the password provided for the ones that worked was actually the user's
password or the ones that worked were for lists for which unsubscribe
requires admin approval in which case the password is ignored.