[Mailman-Users] Strange characters in subscriber addresses

Nick Donaldson Nick.Donaldson at ad.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jun 13 22:30:45 CEST 2012

Good afternoon folks.

I manage a whole bunch of lists. I need to remove some subscribers from some lists but, there is a problem. When I user dumpdb to see the subscribers, some addresses have a "\r" (backslash "r") at the end. The web interface cannot remove them. Neither can the remove_members command.

Does anyone know of a way to remove subscribers with backslash "r" at the end of the address?

Nick Donaldson
Help & Solutions Centre Consultant
IST Help & Solutions Centre
Client Services
Information Services and Technology
010 Elizabeth Dafoe Library
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB.  R3T 2N2
E-mail: Nick.Donaldson at ad.UManitoba.CA
Phone:   (204) 474-8649
Fax:     (204) 474-7598