[Mailman-Users] Web Admin Security Question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed May 23 19:25:11 CEST 2012

Dennis Putnam wrote:

>When I use http://... it brings up the correct page. As I said
>originally, everything works if I use http or if I manually use https.
>It is forcing https that doesn't. Once again it seems to be pointing to
>the rewrite engine not working.

When you use http://... and you get the page, does it still say
http://... in the browser's address bar?

When you access the pages via https://... Are the links on the pages
also to https://...?

Are there any errors logged by apache at startup time?

Is rewrite_module (mod_rewrite) loaded in httpd.conf, e.g.

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

Is your mailman domain a virtual host, i.e. in a VirtualHost block
either by name or IP. If so, the rewrite directives need to be in the
VirtualHost block. See "Rewriting in Virtual Hosts" at
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html>.