[Mailman-Users] Personalization issue

wilby joab at inbox.com
Thu May 31 23:49:23 CEST 2012

Help please
I'm a MM 2.1.12 user who uses the MM that runs on a server located at my ISP
offices. I have no access to the server but am able to use MM as a "send
only" email message delivery system.

I manually add new subscribers and also manually unsubscribe them.

Lately I've had a problem deleting someone in my mailing list because they
forgot the address they asked me to use and I can't figure out what address
to delete. I finally solved this the hard way.

I then decided that "personalization = on", with "delivered_to" in the
footer would solve the problem for me. Every message I sent to them would
clearly state the address used to the receiving person.

In trying this plan I find that it works well sometimes and other times the
footer info is either placed in an attachment file, or simply missing
completely.

Trying to solve this I find that if I place any underline character, or a
dash character in my message, the footer goes to attachment or wherever.
There is probably much more to this.

1. There must be a way to get the footer to always show in the message, is
there?

2. Maybe there is an easier way to get the "delivered_to" info to appear
somewhere in my messages.

3. Maybe there is an entirely better way to do what I need, Help!

Looking further, I see that if the email from the MM server I use is "text"
then the "delivered to" dies appear in the footer. If the message is
delivered in what looks like "rich text" then the footers are hidden,
attachments, or missing.

wilby