[Mailman-Users] Problem with Administrative requests for Mailing List

Tim Chesnutt Tim at EpicDartmouth.com
Wed Oct 31 17:02:35 CET 2012

I have enabled mailing lists under cPanel on my hosting package and am
doing my own testing to ensure I understand how it works before inviting
other users, and putting the system into service.

Everything was going great with all my tests, till I tried sending a few
messages to the list from addresses not yet subscribed.

I (as List Administrator), received notice that there were posts that
needed my authorization to post.

When I visited the "Administrative requests for mailing list" page I see
all the options, but none of them have any functionality.  That is no
matter what option or options I select, when I click "Submit All Data"
the page cycles, and returns with no change in the message status - no
messages get Accepted, no messages get Rejected, no messages get
Discarded, and no message is sent back to the author of the post (I have
tried all possible combinations to see if there were someway to trigger
action from this page, but to no avail.

In addition to not being able to administer these posts while signed in
as the List Administrator, I note that I also can not cancel these posts
from the email address they were originally submitted: When I follow the
link to  cancel the posting, I am asked for a "confirmation string (i.e.
/cookie/) that you received in your email message".  There is no
confirmation string received in the email system message telling me that
my post is awaiting moderation.

The Mailman version provided is 2.1.14-1, and the hosting company has
been of no use to date in this question as they are unfamiliar with this
functionality.

(there is another quirk that I mention here in case it is in some manner
related, though I think not:  While in cPanel, looking under the heading
Mailing Lists, the resulting page allows me to set up mailing lists, but
for some reason the "modify" link with each mailing list does not take
me to the Mailing List Administration page but to a broken link.  I had
not worried about this lack of convenience as I can enter directly)

Thank you, Tim.

--
Do something EPIC today!

Tim Chesnutt
Race Director
Subaru EPIC Dartmouth

June 30th, 2013 - Three Great Races, One EPIC Day!

AQUA Dartmouth - 3.8k / 180k / 300m
EPIC Dartmouth - 3.8k / 180k / 21.1k
IRON Dartmouth - 3.8k / 180k / 42.2k

www.EpicDartmouth.com