[Mailman-Users] Message posting and re-enabling membership

Futchko, Rose Rose.Futchko at INFORMS.ORG
Fri Sep 21 16:31:03 CEST 2012

Sapiro, Mark wrote:

>The intent of the message the user sees when their post is held is that
the post will be accepted in which case the user receives the list post
and knows it was approved,
>or the post will be rejected in which case the user receives the
rejection. It does not take into account the case where the moderator
discards the post or the user doesn't
>receive the post because she is not a list member or is a
gmail/googlemail user (see <http://wiki.list.org/x/AgA3>) or has set the
option not to receive their own posts.

Understood regarding the discard. In addition, I understand the intent
of the first message as relating to the held message.  Therefore, should
the user who posted the message expect to receive a confirmation email
once the post is approved for distribution?

> So, was the confirmation expired or already confirmed or what?
It was not expired nor confirmed. When the user clicked on the link for
the first time, they received the error.

>Is the user's delivery currently enabled or not?
I am not sure what this means? Email to the user is enabled. Do you mean
is email to name-of-list-request at list.informs.org not being blocked by a
spam filter?