[Mailman-Users] Migrate from Lyris to Mailman

Stephen Cook cook_se at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 29 16:59:02 CEST 2013

Yes, oldserver will only be a web server, so all mail can be forwarded to the new server.
In brief, it looks I should:
1) Forward all mail from oldserver.mydomain.com to newserver.mydomain.com using an MX record or an SMTP forward on oldserver.mydomain.com
2) Create a Postfix virtual domain on newserver.mydomain.com for oldserver.mydomain.com
3) Change the new Lists' email domain to oldserver by modifying the host_name attribute on the web admin General Options page.

Does that seem about right?  My understanding is a bit foggy when it comes to virtual domains, virtual mailboxes & virtual hosts in Postfix.  From what I've read, virtual domain seems to be the route I need to go.