[Mailman-Users] Migrate from Lyris to Mailman

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Jul 29 19:40:49 CEST 2013

Stephen Cook writes:
 > Yes, oldserver will only be a web server, so all mail can be forwarded to the new server.
 > In brief, it looks I should:
 > 1) Forward all mail from oldserver.mydomain.com to newserver.mydomain.com using an MX record or an SMTP forward on oldserver.mydomain.com
 > 2) Create a Postfix virtual domain on newserver.mydomain.com for oldserver.mydomain.com
 > 3) Change the new Lists' email domain to oldserver by modifying the host_name attribute on the web admin General Options page.

That sounds about right to me.  The main thing is getting routing
right so that list traffic addressed to oldserver gets routed to the
local Mailman instance.  I don't actually use Postfix virtual domains
so I can't assure you that a virtual domain is necessary or sufficient
to get your setup working, but it sounds like the right thing if I
understand the documentation correctly.