[Mailman-Users] zero length .pck files

Hone, Don hone at ohio.edu
Thu Mar 28 14:45:08 CET 2013

In /var/lib/mailman/data there are some bounce-events*.pck files that are zero length. Is it safe to delete these? Is there some process that should be cleaning them up?

In the same directory are old heldmsg-*.pck files. I can go into each mailing list and change the max_days_to_hold from 0 to something. I’m guessing that will clear it up. Is there an easier way? Should all lists have a non-zero number for that value? What is the best practice?

Don Hone
Office of Information Technology
Ohio University