[Moin-user] Re: table parsing not printable

Alexander Schremmer 2005a at usenet.alexanderweb.de
Sat Mar 5 11:53:32 EST 2005

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 18:56:21 +0100, Mark Volkert wrote:

> in our department we use MoinMoin for managing projects,  roadmaps and a lot
> more.
>
> In some situations I need to print pages for meetings.
>
> In older times (< 1.3.x) it was easy to print bigger tables on one sheet using
> the scaling funtions of browsers (specially mozilla). Now I am not able to
> scale printings anymore, cause every table cell is wrapped in a paragraph
> tag.

I do not think that the <p> tags are the cause of this. The changed CSS
code might be the cause.

> Which file is doing the parsing of table notations to html?

The files you are looking for are MoinMoin/formatter/html.py and
MoinMoin/parser/wiki.py. But maybe you should try to solve this problem by
editing the CSS files (and maybe asking the webdesigner etc. why the CSS
are problematic).
Additionally, you might try Opera. Opera can scale any webpage, even those
which were not prepared to be scaled. It is shareware.

When you have found the solution, you may want to forward it to the list
etc. to let us fix it in the code.

> What is the reasing for all these paragraph tags?

They ensure that MoinMoin generates valid HTML code.

Kind regards,
Alexander