[Moin-user] MoinMoin User Authentication

Ikram ullah Khan ikramullahkhanpk at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 13:09:04 EST 2006

Hello Everybody,

  Im doing a homework fo a Security subject. Can any body help me with the following issues. Also, If you have access to documentation regarding these issues please let me know.

  1. How does MoinMoin authenticate a user on the web? I mean is it like url re-writing, or there is support from the container for keeping tracks of sessions or cookies or what?

  2. What are the limitations of the authentications process that Wiki uses and

  3. Any idea on how to improve the security on wiki as far as user authentication is concerned?

  Any kinda help will really be appreciated.

  regards,

Ikramullah Khan
Fulbright Fellow
School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
George Washington University, Washington D.C.