[Moin-user] Strange problem with macro

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 06:16:10 EST 2008

2008/12/18 Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com>:
> I've got a simple internal wiki at our site, using MoinMoin 1.8.0
> (just upgraded). I have a local macro which is causing me some
> trouble. It's nothing fancy, it just adds a bit of script to the page.
> I've changed the macro today, but nothing I do makes the new version
> get picked up!

I found the problem. I was running MoinMoin as a Windows service,
using srvany.exe as the service process. My service configuration was
using moin.bat to run the standalone server, but this doesn't appear
to work - stopping the service left a python.exe process running. So I
was seeing my old code, because that was what was still running!

I fixed this by running python.exe -c "..."... duirectly (taking the
appropriate line from moin.bat.

Moral: don't use .bat files with srvany.exe.


More information about the Moin-user mailing list