[Moin-user] Rights

Bernd Holzum holzum1 at netcologne.de
Fri Feb 22 21:02:24 EST 2008

Rick Vanderveer wrote:

> This is easy, you basically just need to add this in your
> wikiconfig.pyfile:
>
> acl_rights_before = u"JohnMiller:read,write,delete,revert,admin"
> acl_rights_default = u"All:read,write,revert"
>
> ...where JohnMiller is the admin and "all" is everyone else.  You don't
> need to specify 'all', as it is a built-in catch-all group representing
> anyone who is on the wiki.
>
> See this page for more help:
> http://moinmo.in/HelpOnAccessControlLists
>
> -Rick

Thanks, Rick. Tried this out immediately and got some insights. But
unfortunately the "write" right declared in wikiconfig.py obviously
includes not only editing the text, but also uploading attachments. At
least on my test system.

So the given options in wikiconfig.py don't allow me to reserve file uploads
for the admin?

Bernd Holzum