[Moin-user] Problems migrating

Robert Schumann robert at cantab.net
Tue Jan 8 12:34:14 EST 2008

I would also comment (having spent quite a while one evening doing this)
that the upgrade process for those of us using "Apache on Linux over FTP"
(or any other setup with only FTP access) is somewhat cumbersome and not
very clear. When I say "upgrade", I'm principally referring to the data
migration process.

I'm thinking of writing a script that does this whole "edit meta -> run
moin.py -> edit rename1.txt -> run moin.py" process through a web interface
- unless I missed something and this data migration is a nice easy process?

Robert.

PS - I had a few remnants of spam in my edit.log (I had removed the spam
pages themselves by hand), and these broke the migration script due to
invalid characters. I'm guessing this should be filed as a bug?