[Moin-user] Import Mails without Need for a Wiki-User

Thomas Waldmann tw-public at gmx.de
Wed Jan 28 19:13:24 EST 2009

Hi Mela,

> After struggeling for a while with the mailimport-setup (The
> documentation which explains that you have to include least an empty
> "actions_exclude"-Directive to make xmlrpc work, is missing. Or is
> this a 1.7.1 bug?)

You could help by adding this to master18 and master19 wikis.

> I've discovered, only Wiki-Users are allowed to
> send mail to the wiki.
>
> Now I'm searching for a configuration option to disable the need of an
> wiki-user, for mailimport.

IIRC there is none. Checking against the user profiles was done for 2
reasons:
a) to find the wiki user name of the editor (iirc)
b) to protect against spammers and other unwanted contributors

If you can live without b), the check should be easy to remove in the
source. a) might be a bigger problem.

Cheers,

Thomas