[Moin-user] Any attempt to use the GUI editor results in exception

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Fri Nov 16 18:39:44 EST 2012

On Thursday 15 November 2012 14:46:35 David Howland wrote:
> py-xml wasn't installed.

On the subject of the GUI editor, what are the principal technical issues with
it? I've been in situations where people have either advocated turning it off
or have actually done so because it isn't seen as being reliable enough, but
is this due to the parsing and serialisation done by Moin itself, or the
JavaScript editor's behaviour, or a combination of both? Anyone?

> On to the next problem.  By default, CategoryCategory comes with this:
>
> -----8<-----
> Here is a list of all pages containing the CategoryCategory wiki tag:
> <<FullSearchCached(category:CategoryCategory)>>
> ----->8-----
>
> So I created CategoryBlog, and chose to add it to CategoryCategory, but
> of course it doesn't show up in CategoryCategory yet.  How do I get the
> 'cache' in FullSearchCached to be updated?  I can't find that documented
> anywhere.

Maybe the "Delete Cache" action will delete the cache. I personally find
caching to be somewhat opaque, although I have written code that uses caches
and it actually works more or less as I expected.

> While I'm at it, what does "category:" do and how is it different from
> "regex:"?  I can't find that documented anywhere either.

For the standard searching, it probably only extends a "regex" search, but for
Xapian-based searching it will actually search for specific category
metadata.

Paul