[moin-user] ||<tableclass="=?utf-8?q?=E2=80=A6?="> processing broken in Moin 1.9.9

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Nov 29 10:23:48 EST 2017

On Sunday 26. November 2017 01.26.50 Mark Martinec wrote:

> This double quoting bug is frustrating. It has already been reported
> in June 2017:
>
>    https://mail.python.org/pipermail/moin-user/2017-June/009765.html
>
> Apart from downgrading Werkzeug, I haven't found a better solution.

I just tried reproducing it with both 1.9.9 and the current tip revision, and
I cannot manage it: the tables are rendered as expected. So we need to find a
way of identifying the circumstances under which this occurs.

Do either of you (or does anyone else who experiences this) have Werkzeug
installed elsewhere? The importing should be confined to Moin's own bundled
libraries, but I don't trust Python's import mechanisms to always do the right
thing.

I'm using Python 2.7.3 on Debian Wheezy to test this. Perhaps there might be a
Python version influence.

Paul

P.S. I also saw that the bundled passlib changed between 1.9.9 and tip,
breaking the setup script, so I just posted a patch to the moin-devel list.

P.P.S. If you ever have problems with phantom packages when installing Moin,
be sure to remove the distutils build directory.