[Numpy-discussion] viewing Gridded or Polar data?

Jon Saenz jsaenz at wm.lc.ehu.es
Thu Jan 17 07:59:23 EST 2002

I have never tried exactly this type of plot, but I guess that a
combination of GrADS commands like the following ones in a script:

grads -l << EOF
sdfopen yourfile.nc (for COARDS-compliant netCDF files)
set gxout grfill (to get a colour-filled grid)
set clevs 10 20 30 40 50 (and so on to define your intervals...)
d variable_name (of the netCDF file)
enable print your_plot_name.gm
print
disable print
quit
EOF
gxeps -c your_plot_name

should do the work and prepare an EPS file.

GrADS handles netCDF files, in case they conform to the COARDS standard.
Otherwise, you can define the data in the file and use the xdfopen
command, but this is more complex than above.

http://grads.iges.org is their homepage.

Hope this helps.

Jon Saenz.				| Tfno: +34 946012445
Depto. Fisica Aplicada II               | Fax:  +34 944648500
Facultad de Ciencias.   \\ Universidad del Pais Vasco \\
Apdo. 644   \\ 48080 - Bilbao  \\ SPAIN