[Numpy-discussion] Proposal of timeline for dropping Python 2.7 support

Ilhan Polat ilhanpolat at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 12:15:39 EST 2017

I was about to send the same thing. I think this matter became a vim/emacs
issue and Py2 supporters won't take any arguments anymore. But if Instagram
can do it, it means that legacy code argument is a matter of will but not a
technicality. https://thenewstack.io/instagram-makes-smooth-move-python-3/

Also people are really going out of their ways such as Tauthon
https://github.com/naftaliharris/tauthon to stay with Python2. To be
honest, I'm convinced that this is a sentimental debate after seeing this
fork.