[pypy-dev] Stacklets

Richard Tew richard.m.tew at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 01:57:38 CEST 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 2:16 AM, Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com> wrote:
> At the risk of this sounding like a rant or being off-topic, it seems to me
> the big picture that is getting lost is that stackless.py and PyPy makes it
> easier for individuals to prototype new ideas for Stackless Pythons and
> probably Python in general. Take join patterns. To date, I have read about
> join patterns being implemented in Java, Erlang, Scala, ML, Polyphonic C#,
> and Lua. What gives?

Can't you do that in another file that doesn't represent itself as an
implementation of Stackless with no loss to your freedoms?  This way,
anyone who would use stackless.py would get the stable set of features
and API that Stackless has had for over five years now and likely the
ability to switch between the two implementations.

Or am I misunderstanding?

Cheers,
Richard.