[pypy-dev] PyPy translation on Xeon Phi (pka MIC)

Ajit Dingankar ajit.dingankar at ieee.org
Mon Apr 13 23:56:41 CEST 2015

Thanks a lot, Wim! I had edited the Makefile but hadn't added LD=icc there (had set it just in the shell). With that added along with "-mmic" added to the LDFLAGS and removing object files in module_cache directory fixed the problem! Now I can run on Phi!
Will post some results on performance; the translated interpreter seems much faster on Phi but I don't quite understand why! (Not that I'm complaining! ;-)
Thanks, Ajit====

     On Monday, April 13, 2015 2:23 PM, "wlavrijsen at lbl.gov" <wlavrijsen at lbl.gov> wrote:

 Ajit,

> Hi Wim! I tried your suggestions (CC=icc and including -mmic in CFLAGS)

did you edit the make file (under $TMP), or only added the above as envars?
If the former, you can check the full linker command. I'd expect problems
with the latter, as the translation (of full pypy-c anyway) runs some tests
(see platform.py).

> $ ./example2-c bottles.b  /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2: No such file or directory

That to me looks like the linker used was not icc (may have to set LD=icc).
What does:

  $ objdump -f ./example2-c

tell you?

Best regards,