[pypy-dev] PyPy translation on Xeon Phi (pka MIC)

Yury V. Zaytsev yury at shurup.com
Tue Apr 14 18:24:33 CEST 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-13 at 21:56 +0000, Ajit Dingankar wrote:
> Will post some results on performance; the translated interpreter
> seems much faster on Phi but I don't quite understand why! (Not that
> I'm complaining! ;-)

Translated as compared to what ;-) ?

If you compiled on the host with gcc (especially an older one) and now
comparing this to the cross-compiled version with icc, this will be very
unfair :-) Also, make sure you translate the same revision on both...

I would be curious about recent results, and please be sure to mention
which Phi are you using for this test. I haven't had access to any
recent ones lately...

Thanks,

--
Sincerely yours,