[python-committers] Revert changes which break too many buildbots

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Jul 5 16:26:18 EDT 2017

On 7/5/2017 10:03 AM, Victor Stinner wrote:
>> Ok, since I spent weeks on fixing buildbots, I'm now more confident
>> that our buildbots are super stable. Since a test_datetime change
>> introduced a *regression* (ARMv7 started to fail), I reverted the
>> first commit:
>> https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/2588
>
> Crap. I created this PR using the [Revert] button. While the changes
> are fine, I didn't notice the giant commit message which is wrong and
> spamed me with notifications on unrelated issues :-/

Committers should always review checkin messages.  Unless a PR is made
with a single commit, the message usually needs editing.

> Sorry for the spam...

Each tracker issue mentioned below got a bogus reversion message.  But
better the spam than an actual reversion ;-).  I unlinked the ones for
IDLE.  You should go through the rest.

Terry