[Python-Dev] FW: [Patches] Complaints new patches list.

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 12:12:29 -0500 (EST)

Greg Stein writes:
>Our lack of infrastructure is no excuse for Gerrit's position/attitude. As
>I mentioned in my response, his email came on the heels of an equally
>inflammatory email sent to webmaster@list.org (me). I was a bit

Erm... let me stick up for Gerrit here and point out that
www.python.org/patches/ says:

  Each submitted patch (except spam) will receive at least one mail
  back regarding the status of the patch. If you don't hear from us
  within two weeks, it's possible that your mail didn't arrive or that
  it got lost; please ping us politely. We don't guarantee a
  turn-around time for patches (sometimes it's really hard to make a
  decision).

This text mentions a time span ("two weeks") and says "*will* receive"
-- not "may", not "might", but "will".  While Gerrit's e-mails have
been a bit immoderate, frankly so was Greg Stein's immediate response.
Can we just draw a line here and bring this thread to a close?

--amk