[Python-Dev] test coverage summaries - now updated nightly

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Sat, 01 Jul 2000 19:15:57 -0500

Skip Montanaro wrote:

> Perhap you did miss it.  That's next on my list.  I have a trace module that
> will do line counting, but I haven't worked on this thing long enough to get
> to it.
>
> If anyone's game, take a look at
>
>     http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/python/trace.py

Thanks. It's because I've recently been using your trace module that I
originally presumed that the coverage testing would be Python coverage
testing. I don't yet completely understand the counting mechanism that
the tool uses (some numbers look fishy) but overall it is a great boon
for testing.

The calculus and the rich body of mathematical analysis to which it
gave rise made modern science possible, but it was the algorithm that
made the modern world possible.
	- The Advent of the Algorithm (pending), by David Berlinski