[Python-Dev] xml missing in Windows installer?

Tim Peters tim_one@email.msn.com
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 07:18:21 -0400

Sorry, but I can't do anything more about this now.  The notice was supposed
to go up on the website at the same instant as the new installer, but the
people who can actually put the notice up *still* haven't done it.

In the future I'll certainly change the filename, should this ever happen
again (and, no, I can't change the filename from here either).

In the meantime, you don't want to hear this, but you're certainly free to
change the filenames on your end <wink -- but nobody yet has reported an
actual real-life confusion related to this, so while it may suck in theory,
practice appears much more forgiving>.

BTW, I didn't understand the complaint about "same name for the filename of
the windows installer, source tar etc.".  The *only* file I had replaced was

    BeOpen-Python-2.0b1.exe

I guess Fred replaced the PDF-format doc downloads too?  IIRC, those were
totally broken.  Don't think anything else was changed.

About bug reports, the only report of any possible relevance will be "I
tried to load the xml package under Windows 2.0b1, but got an
ImportError" -- and the cause of that will be obvious.  Also remember that
this is a beta release:  by definition, anyone using it at all a few weeks
from now is entirely on their own.