[Python-Dev] Meta-reflections

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:06:47 -0500

[Kevin Jacobs]
> I have a collection of about ~8 more bugs that is expending as I
> grow my test suite.  Before I spray all of them onto SF, I want
> to hear from Guido, since some of my "bugs" are potentially subjective.

The best way to hear from Guido is to post bugs, and suspected bugs, to
SourceForge, one bug per report.  There's so much verbiage about this now on
Python-Dev that I doubt he'll ever be able to make time to catch up with it
when he returns.  A great advantage of a good bug report is that it's
focused and brief.

Slots were definitely intended as a memory optimization, and the ways in
which they don't act like "regular old attributes" are at best warts.

> I _have_ tried three times to post a summary-bug to SF and its not worked
> (as usual).  Is just me or is SF flaky as hell?  The last time I tried to
> post a bug, it kicked me out and was "Down for maintenance" for some time
> after that.  Now it won't let me login since it thinks I haven't
> responded to the new account confirmation e-mail.  Grrrrrrrrrr

It *sounds* like you're getting started with SF.  Once it agrees not to hate
you <wink>, life gets a lot easier.  It's not flaky in general, but it does
suffer bouts of extreme flakiness from time to time.