[Python-Dev] Outlook release on SourceForge

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Aug 11 12:34:22 EDT 2003

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at comcast.net> writes:

> In particular, we rank higher than Python(!) now, which currently sits at
> 99.0583%.  Python used to be among the 10 most active projects every week,
> but lost a lot when it stopped releasing files from SF (downloads count a
> lot toward the activity ranking).

Yep.  However, the pain of dealing with the SF file release thingy
compared to scp-ing things to creosote is night and day.  *I'm* pretty
sure having a high activity rating on SF isn't worth it.

> It's possible that downloads of the Outlook addin could boost
> spambayes to that lofty level.  It's also possible that I'll get a
> job working on Python someday <wink/snarl>.

I seem to recall Python got back into the top 6 during a week when
Brett seemingly did nothing else but comment on bug reports...

  I'm not sure that the ability to create routing diagrams
  similar to pretzels with mad cow disease is actually a
  marketable skill.                                     -- Steve Levin
               -- http://home.xnet.com/~raven/Sysadmin/ASR.Quotes.html