[Python-Dev] BUILDEXE erroneously empty on 2.2.2 for Mac OS X?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:34:50 -0600

    >> I just wiped my maint22 directory clean, did a cvs up, configure and
    >> make on my Mac OS X machine.  BUILDEXE got set to the empty string,

    Michael> I don't think the case-sensitive file-system chack has ever
    Michael> made it to the 22-maint branch.

I think the build worked fine for me back in October (at least I don't
remember having to execute "make BUILDEXE=.exe".  It seems something changed
in the intervening time.

    Michael> Feel free to backport it...

Since you are the acknowledged backport master, and I have never done a
retrospective backport before, can you give me some clues about how to find
"it"?

Skip