some data on the debate [Python-Dev] Update to PEP308: if-then-else expression

Chermside, Michael mchermside@ingdirect.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:05:07 -0500

> The relevant data for me was that 1/4, 1/2 of the total posts were =
made by just
> a small "vocal" group of people

Please don't think I missed the importance of this fact. The details
of the count were unimportant compared to what this says about how
the perceived level of vigorous argument may actually be an artifact
of a few outliers. I actually only posted thinking that there might
be a bug in your counting algorithm... I still believe that in the
end Guido will wind up finding a way to extract a reasonable decision
from this mess, although I have a hard time seeing how he'll manage
that! Knowing that a few individuals account for a lot of the "noise"
may help him.

-- Michael Chermside