[Python-Dev] 2.3.1 is (almost) a go

Matthias Klose doko at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 23 17:32:27 EDT 2003

Anthony Baxter writes:

> At www.python.org/2.3.1 there's links to the release candidates for
> 2.3.1 - Thomas and I are still running all sorts of tests against it,
> but if someone else wants to give it a go, that'd be good. We're on
> IRC #python-dev on irc.freenode.net.

please could you consider

- either to hand-edit the generated configure script

- or rebuild configure with autoconf from current CVS

to enable a correct configuration on HPUX?

Please see
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2003-August/037648.html

I think the first solution should be more conservative at this point,
maybe using a nested ifdef instead of using the defined keyword.

If neither solution is appropriate, please add a note to the target
specific install section.

Thanks, Matthias