[Python-Dev] HP-UX clean-up

Neal Norwitz neal at metaslash.com
Sat Jan 3 12:27:21 EST 2004

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 09:15:48AM -0500, Cameron Laird wrote:

> I happened to try a vanilla generation of 2.3.3 under HP-UX
> 10.20 yesterday, and encountered multiple non-trivial faults
> (curses, threading, ...).  Experience tells me I'd find roughly
> the same level of problems with other releases of Python and
> HP-UX.

I think newer versions of HPUX are a little better.  Since most of the
HPUX resources available (snake-farm and HP Test Drive machines) tend
to be 11.x+.  But very few have access to HPUX, Irix, or AIX.

>     Who *are* the folks with an HP-UX interest?

I wouldn't say I have an interest in HPUX beyond the fact that
I'd like to see it work and have access to some boxes. :-)
I can try to make some time available to help.

> 2.  Does anyone happen to have an executable
>     built that can "import Tkinter"?  That's my
>     most immediate need.  If you can share that
>     with me, it'd help my own situation, and I'll
>     continue to push for corrections in the
>     standard distribution, anyway.

If so it would probably be for HPUX 11.something.

Neal