[Python-Dev] [AST] Procedure for AST Branch patches

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Tue Mar 22 04:10:50 CET 2005

Brett C. wrote:
> OK, thanks to John Ehresman here at PyCon sprint I got logistix's patch
> applied.  Beyond a warning that a warning that decode_unicode() is never
> called and the parser module failing to compile under Windows everything
> should be fine for compiling the AST branch.

Under Linux (Suse 9.1), the parser module compiles with a couple of warnings
about implicit declaration of PyParser_SimpleParseString, but the .so fails to
load due to a missing symbol PyNode_Compile.

> Passing the test suite, though, is another question.  =)

Heh. I managed to get test_grammar to pass 100% last night, which is at least a
start!

And I must say that the new system is rather nice to work with - it took me a
while to work out what was going on, but the multi-pass 'build AST', 'build
symbol table', 'compile AST' is much cleaner than it is with the lists-of-lists
arrangement on the trunk (which is the entire point of the AST-branch, I guess. . .)

Cheers,
Nick.