[Python-Dev] Is some magic required to check out new files from svn?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Nov 13 10:35:15 CET 2005

skip at pobox.com wrote:
> Is there some magic required to check out new files from the repository?
> I'm trying to build on the trunk and am getting compilation errors about
> code.h not being found.  If I remember correctly, this is a new file brought
> over from the ast branch.  Using cvs I would have executed something like
> "cvs up -dPA ." if I found I was missing something (usually a new directory)
> and wanted to make sure I was in sync with the trunk.

code.h should live in Include. It was originally committed to CVS, so it
is in the subversion repository from day one; it should always have
been there since you started using subversion.

Do you have code.h mentioned in Include/.svn/entries?

> This is getting kinda frustrating.  I haven't got a lot of confidence in
> Subversion at this point.

I can understand that. However, you should get confidence from that fact
that nobody else is seeing these problems :-)

I recommend to use pre-built binaries, e.g. the ones from

http://metissian.com/projects/macosx/subversion/

I would also recommend to throw away the sandbox completely and check it
out from scratch. Please report whether this gives you code.h.

Regards,
Martin