[Python-Dev] Community buildbots

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Jul 14 06:27:56 CEST 2006

    glyph> *can* always do that, and some other Twisted devs watch
    glyph> python-dev a bit more closely than I do, but the point is that
    glyph> the amount of effort required to do this is prohibitive for the
    glyph> average Python hacker, whereas the time to set up an individual
    glyph> buildbot might not be.)

If you're concerned about noticing when a new release train is pulling out
of the station I think it would be sufficient to subscribe to the low-volume
python-announce mailing list.  You will see announcements about alphas and
betas there.  Even lower volume would be a subscription to the RSS feed of
Python announcements on the python.org front page (scroll to the bottom).

The buildbot idea sounds excellent.

Skip